mhphotos is committed to protecting the personal data and privacy of our users and customers
- Information About Us
- What Does This Policy Cover?
- What is Personal Data?
Personal data is defined by the General Data Protection Regulation (EU Regulation 2016/679) (the “GDPR”) as ‘any information relating to an identifiable person who can be directly or indirectly identified in particular by reference to an identifier’.
Personal data is, in simpler terms, any information about you that enables you to be identified. Personal data covers obvious information such as your name and contact details, but it also covers less obvious information such as identification numbers, electronic location data, and other online identifiers.
- How we collect or obtain information about you:
When you purchase products on our website
When you provide it to us by contacting us by emailing us, filling in our contact form or calling us
- What Data do we collect?
Customer Phone Number
Customer Order Details
Website form submissions
- How do we use your information:
Under the GDPR, we must always have a lawful basis for using personal data. Your personal data may be used for one of the following purposes:
- Providing and managing your account.
- Supplying our products and services to you.
- Personalising and tailoring our products and services for you.
- Communicating with you. This may include responding to emails or calls from you.
We are committed to ensuring that your privacy is protected. We will not sell, distribute or lease your personal information to any third party.
- Email List Subscribers
Only those who subscribe to our email list will received emails from us. We’ll only send you emails with special offers, news of new products, and information about mhphotos.
If you are unhappy about any of the emails we send you, please let us know.
You can unsubscribe from our newsletter list at any time. There is an unsubscribe option at the foot of every email we send.
- How long do we retain your information
We will not keep your personal data for any longer than necessary, taking into account any legal obligations we have (e.g. to maintain records for tax purposes), any other legal basis we have for using your information.
- Do You Share My Personal Data?
We will not share any of your personal data with any third parties for any purposes.
In some limited circumstances, we may be legally required to share certain personal data, which might include yours, if we are complying with legal obligations or the instructions of a government agency, eg Tax Audit.
- How we store and secure your information
We ensure the security of any personal information we hold by using secure data storage and we protect your information against unauthorised or unlawful use.
The client albums and shopping cart utilise SSL security and all online payment information is taken by Stripe on their secure servers.
We do not store any payment details. These are stored securely with Stripe.
- Our hosting and data partners
Our servers are hosted by the world’s top hosting companies including Ionos, 1and1 Internet, and Amazon Web Services (AWS). All providers are GDPR compliant.
All client galleries are stored in our Amazon Web Services (AWS) data centres within the EU.
- Your rights in relation to your information
There are several rights an individual may exercise under the GDPR, including:
- To access your information and to receive information about its use
- To have your information corrected and/or completed
- To have your information deleted
- To restrict the use of your information
- To receive your information in a portable format
- To object to the use of your information
- To withdraw your consent to the use of your information
- Sensitive Personal Information
We do not knowingly or intentionally collect sensitive personal information from individuals, and you must not submit sensitive personal information to us.
Sensitive personal information’ is information about an individual that reveals their racial or ethnic origin, political opinions, religious or philosophical beliefs, or trade union membership, genetic information, biometric information for the purpose of uniquely identifying an individual, information concerning health or information concerning a natural person’s sex life or sexual orientation.
- How to access and Control your personal data
You may request a copy of your personal data we hold in an electronic format. We will respond to your request within 1 month by providing the data in electronic format. If you find any inaccuracies, we will delete or correct it promptly.
Please contact us:
- If you would like details of the personal information which we hold about you
- If you believe that any information we are holding on you is incorrect or incomplete
- If you would like the personal information which we hold about you deleted
If you choose to do this, please email email@example.com with your request.